Tuesday, February 26, 2013

One Plate, Too Many Dishes

I think I am at a good point in my life where I officially have too much to do. By the way, it's a good thing. Besides my blog (here and one I run on my own with other writers), I have been taking Parkour classes, Crossfit at my church, Y Mudder training and frequenting a wall climbing gym. My life has changed significantly over the years and as I find new fun stuff to do, I have nowhere to fit it in my schedule.

So I'm staying busy. Active is the right word. I'm staying active.

Recently, I have been getting a lot of benefit from the Y Mudder training. It's an amazing training class (which is designed to train people for Tough Mudder provided by the Y). We meet at the Y once a week and even though I am sure this is the first time the instructors have created such a program, they are providing a premium experience. Just last week, which was the fourth week of class, we ran for 1.9 miles, stopped at Olmos Park (here in San Antonio, Texas), did a quick Tabata workout, got up, ran to the next park which was around 3.5 miles, did more Tabata on the playground and then had a nice 2-mile run back to the Y. Now that guy, who was rolling on the mats under the rock wall heaving like a gorilla, was me. I swear I was stretching but I was too exhausted. As soon as I was over that feeling, I couldn't wait for the next week's workout. Turns out it's going to have to wait since I will be running in the Hero Rush 5k on Saturday.

I need to find time to fit some swimming in this year. I do plan on doing a Triathalon Training program pretty soon as well. Where can I fit that on my schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment