Monday, March 25, 2013

Getting Muddy Isn't Just Good For Your Skin

Getting muddy isn't a big thing. It's actually a whole lot of fun and beneficial. I'm not going to lie, I played with mud as a kid, I even managed to find a way to clean my hands by using the tops of puddles so that I wouldn't get in trouble with my parents. Somehow they were still on to me. It could have been the muddy clothes or the fact that it was suspicious that I was more than happy to show them my clean hands. A couple of weekends ago I had no excuse.  I was muddy. And in another couple of weekends I'll be muddy again and I can't wait.

So the truth is I don't prepare very much for these 5k events. I've been training harder for other adventures but I do beileve that these types of courses will help me with those other endeavors. I'm talking about Tough Mudder. It's a 10-12 mile course with 20-25 obstacles. So far doing the Hero Rush was by far the most challenging and if that is any indication of what Tough Mudder will be like, I may be in trouble. Hero Rush was only a 5k and had about 15 obstacles with the worse event being crossing the frigid lake. The coldness hits you hard and the first thing you do is stop breathing. After that the body took over and it forced me to swim. It was by far the hardest obstacle I have faced yet. Tough Mudder should have more than one obstacle that are quite similar. At first I was more frightened by the electricity based obstacles but now, I'm leaning at being equally if not more scared of the cold water events. Eitherway, I'll hopefully survive it.

Currently I'm still on route to bench press my own weight this week. I added a new chest exercise that I believe should help. I'm only a few reps away from where I want to be. So far this year has been pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment